“Become the Creator of Your Own Health”
By understanding and addressing issues that patients with cancer see as important, compassionate care can be tailored to each patient, and oncology will reach the noble goal of treating each patient as a person with cancer, rather than treating only the cancer in a patient.
Managing Drivers of Cancer
Carcinogenesis is a dynamically complex process driven by dysregulated metabolism which is as central to carcinogenesis. Metabolic coupling between tumour cells and stromal cells occurs if the tumour microenvironment is like a unhealed, inflamed wound with inherent proliferative and invasive components. There are lifestyle, nutrient and botanical strategies that can lessen the metabolic drivers of cancer.
Daniel provides a personalised platform for Integrative cancer approach with abundance of wealth in the form of clinical expertise and experience, helping to reduce those metabolic drivers. Understanding to components of the tumour microenvironment that influences carcinogenesis and tumourigenesis.
Two questions you need to know about cancer?
What is causing cancer and What is stopping you to heal?
- Unresolved inflammation: underlying infections, virus, bacteria
- Oxidative stress: internal toxins and environmental pollutants
- Metabolic syndrome: insulin resistance, weight gain
- Cell metabolism: mitochondrial, cell and tissue integrity
- Role of certain foods and nutrients
- Importance of specific exercise tailored for you
- Stress: the impact of your diagnose and relationship with your thoughts, feelings and emotions
- Finding a new way how to relate to your healing journey
- Strengthening immune system
- Helping to offset side effects of chemo and radiation therapy
- Enhance efficacy of chemotherapy, radiation or hormonal therapy
Through educating and coaching patients, Daniel’s goal is to find ways to make health fit into their lives and works with them collaboratively to set goals and establish treatment plans according to their body’s needs. He takes a very individual approach to patients’ health problems, helping them to regain balance, establish healthy eating habits and make positive lifestyle choices to promote wellness in all dimensions of their lives. He is committed to continually motivating clients until they have successfully integrated such plans into their daily lives and are fully satisfied with the results.
Start your healing journey !
Integrative oncology provides patients with safe options for combining conventional cancer treatment with natural and supportive therapies. The goal of this collaboration among multi-disciplinary health care providers is to best support optimal health and well-being: physically, mentally and emotionally.
Integrative oncology, the diagnosis-specific field of integrative medicine, addresses symptom control with nonpharmacologic therapies. Known commonly as “complementary therapies” these are evidence-based adjuncts to mainstream care that effectively control physical and emotional symptoms, enhance physical and emotional strength, and provide patients with skills enabling them to help themselves throughout and following mainstream cancer treatment.
Within this model of integrative oncology, all providers work together to improve quality of life. Patients benefit from a coordinated approach to care as Naturopathic Doctors (NDs) collaborate with conventional providers at all stages:
- At the time of diagnosis: to prepare the patient physiologically and mentally for what lies ahead.
- During active treatment: to reduce side effects and potentially improve response to conventional care.
- Post-treatment: to help with recovery and support prevention of recurrence with healthy lifestyle education.
Medical oncologists, surgeons and radiation oncologists focus their conventional, standard of care treatment on targeting tumour eradication.
Daniel combines complementary therapies with mainstream oncology care to address his patients’ physical, psychologic and spiritual needs by practicing integrative cancer care using natural and supportive therapies to reduce side effects, to help optimize conventional care, prevent recurrence and educating how to implement an evidence based life-style medicine into patients life. He beliefs that it is very important to involve his clients in their healing journey, teaching them life-style medicine skills where they can become the creator of their on health.
Help to improve quality of life, restore hope, bring inner peace, emotional resilience, manage of side effects, help with speed recovery, prevent recurrence, and provide education for a lifestyle medicine.
Learn the fundamentals of mind-body medicine, and the practical things you can do in your everyday life to maximise your body’s own healing potential, reduce stress and help you cope better with the challenges of a cancer diagnosis.
Empowering clients to know what they can do for themselves, giving them choice and inner peace.
Support for Symptom Management & Chronic Conditions:
Daniel provide support for side effects, common symptoms and chronic conditions patients experience during cancer treatment.
- Cancer treatment side effects: Fatigue, Pain, Mucositis, Nausea and Vomiting, Diarrhea or Constipation, Dermatitis, Peripheral Neuropathy, Emotional support
- Common chronic conditions: Allergies, Anxiety, Autoimmune Conditions, Depression, Diabetes, Fatigue, Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia, Insomnia, Osteoarthritis, Pre-Postmenopausal Symptoms, Reflux Esophagitis.
“I have really enjoyed Daniel’s approach to healing. His approach helped me to tap into body innate ability to heal. The lifestyle medicine changes are wonderful, it helped me to stay on the path to healing, instead of getting stuck in negative rumination, that doesn’t help me at all.
Daniel has given me a more positive and calm approach to my healing journey, including lifestyle medicine advice, that I can incorporate into me daily routine to enhance my recovery. His education towards mindfulness has encouraged me to be more hopeful and less fearful in everyday life, also integrate and digest my emotions in the way that supported me.
Thank you Daniel”